Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anxiety - Doing Mind Judo On Satan

A few years ago, I found myself becoming anxious each afternoon. It came at a time when I was growing spiritually. After a few weeks of daily anxiety, usually about 1:30pm, I realized that I did not feel close to God those early afternoons. When I was in prayer at other times of the day, close with God, I could not feel anxiety. Putting two and two together, I found that, although I couldn’t prevent anxiety, I could shorten those anxious moments by using anxiety as a personal message from God to be with Him.

As I relayed this to a pastor friend of mine, he smiled and said, you’re doing “mind judo” on Satan. I hadn’t thought of it in that context, but now think “mind judo” whenever I feel anxious. Then I turn to my Father and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment